Ventilated Rainscreen Cladding.
The essentials of a Rainscreen system are to allow the ingress of air at the base of the system and the egress of air at the top of the system. This ventilated cavity allows any water which penetrates the panel joints to be partly removed by the ‘stack effect’ and partly removed by running down the rear face of the panels and out of the base.
- Installation is simple - allowing external cladding and internal works to proceed speedily, early and consecutively
- Problems of deterioration are halted with minimal additional load being applied to the existing structure
- Rejuvenation of external appearance
- Aesthetic colour, flexibility and shape of external facade may be dramatically altered
- Energy saving - lower running costs due to greatly improved thermal insulation
- Easily removed panels for monitoring of structure
- Reduction of the risk of condensation due to the elimination of cold bridges